Friday, November 8, 2013

Gifts for Pow Wow

I was asked to come up with 15-20 gifts that could be given out in a drawing during Pow Wow, but they also had to be something that leaders could use. I thought the task sounded fun, but quickly learned that when you are also teaching a blue and gold banquet class and have a lot of planning and preparation for said class that it is not as much fun as originally thought.

Here is what I came up with.


These cups were donated by my mom's cool new work,don't worry they were new. I made 3 of these (obviously)I took their logo off and added the vinyl. I used my cricut, sure cuts alot and a couple of free svgs I found and then added m&m's. Now that they are done, they are super cute. They however were not cute after I spent 3 hours trying to get the vinyl cut out and to the right size. It was either to big, to small, or wouldn't come off the paper.
 Here it is all packaged up. I thought it would be a little cuter, and easier having them in bags, but I wanted them in bags that they could tell what was in it so I did clear bags and added shredded yellow, and blue paper and tied it up with yellow and blue ribbon.

Next I did neckerchief slides.I made 2 sets of these. Starting left to right. An alligator made from a clothes pin, a ninja I made using a wooden peg doll (I am sure they have a name, I just do not know what they are called),behind the ninja is a dice that was cut into a square and painted white. I then drew the dots on them using a sharpie and had hubby drill a hole into the middle. Next is a car, we actually made these for our boys for pinewood derby, the idea for this one came from HERE. Batman(because our pow wow theme was super heroes) was a figure I found at the dollar stare and cut off the base. The squiggly guy made out of pipe cleaners is a fun, simple slide that I learned how to make at Philmont. Last but not least, the cub scout slide. I made the circles using photoshop then glued them to a flat rock.
Here they are all packaged up. Oh I also put in a clucking chicken you can see a better picture and tutorial HERE.

Here is a game bag I made up. I made 3 of these. When teaching round table I encourage all of the den leaders to make a game box. I also hand out a game card (with a game on either side) I only hand these out if they attend round table. Then I tell them to go home and gather any materials they would need to play those two games and add them to their game box. This way when an activity is done faster than you planned or the boys are just not focused you can pull out a game card and will have all the things to play those games.

Anyway onto what's in the bag, obviously I added a set of my game cards, a large foam dice, a small soft ball, clothes pins, sick dice (for tutorial and how to play you can go HERE), and marbles.


All tied up ready to go.
You might remember THIS post from last month, these are my citizenship bingo games I made to teach at round table last month and also to use in pack meeting. I also included the tag I made to help the boys with opening and closing flag ceremony.
I made two of my subway art prints and put them in frames.
 I made 4 clipboards. I covered them in blue and yellow and printed some cub scout things on some of them.
Here is the back of the boards.

All packaged up with a cute cub scout pen I made.  I found the idea HERE but they were for primary and I wanted to make them for cub scouts so I asked my very talented friend if she could make me a template to use in phtoshop since I have no idea how to make templates yet. If you are interested in the template visit her site HERE. Guess I will have to get a better picture of the pen.

I did 2 cheer jars. I washed and dried empty lays stax containers since they are blue and yellow then was going to create a printable to put on it when I found THIS on already made. All I did was resize it using photoshop.  Then I went hunting for all the cheers I had and printed them up and cut them into strips and put them inside.
I also made 2 bags with stuff to help learn the bobcat trail. I made this LAPBOOK for the bobcat trail  last year, we have all of our new boys make one and take home to review with their families. I put in the Law of the pack and cub scout promise puzzles( check it out HERE to see how I use them). And last I added my roll a bobcat game and a dice to play it (this is played like cootie).
All packaged up.


I had a few more ideas to do, but ran out of time and patience.  I just hope that some of these things will help other leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...