Friday, September 13, 2013

Clucking Chicken

I am sure you have seen these clucking/squawking chickens before, but if you haven't today is your lucky day. I was in charge of a pre-opener for round table this week and the theme was Down On the Farm, so I decided to give them instructions on how to make them.  
 They are so easy and fun and the boys LOVE them. The yellow one is actually one that my son made at Philmont when we were there. The white ones are ones I just made up as examples.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Take one disposable plastic cup and poke a small hole in the bottom.
2. Tie a large knot in a piece of nylon string and thread it through the hole, leaving the knot on the outside so that the string won't go through when it's tugged on.
3. Decorate your cup so that it somewhat resembles a chicken/rooster. Stick on some feathers, use paper, fun foam, or felt for the beak.Use google eyes or just draw eyes on with a sharpie
4. Cut a small rectangular piece of kitchen sponge and tie to the end of the string inside the cup.
5. To make the chicken cluck: slightly dampen the sponge, fold the sponge over the string (at the top) and run the sponge down the string holding it firmly with quick, short tugs and it makes a loud clucking sound.




 This little guy turned out so cute. I made him into a neckerchief slide. To make him use the 3oz bathroom cups, then follow the directions above, and add on a piece of pvc pipe on the back.

 He makes me giggle every time I look at him and he sounds super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...