Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Baby food Jar turkeys

While working on achievement 7- Your living world in the wolf book, I decided that I wanted to show them how easy it is to reuse items and turn them into something new.

So while talking about recycling we made these cute turkeys using baby food jars. I cut the feathers out of paint chips I had left over from the turkey neckerchief slide I made for my other pack. I used fun foam for the feet and beak and a red pipe cleaner for the waggle.

I had the boys write something they are thankful for on each of the feathers before putting them together, and filled them with skittles.

We talked about how we were able to use this baby food jar and turn it into a fun decoration or place card for thanksgiving that they can use again each year.

The boys loved it and were so excited to take their turkeys home and tell their families all about recycling and reusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...