Thursday, May 8, 2014

Wolf Achievement 7 Lapbook lesson

I found several ideas for covering Wolf Achievement 7-Your Living World, the problem however was that it was a little overwhelming so I decided to use the ideas and make similar things and put them in a lapbook lesson. My cubs do well with lapbook lessons, and they make it easy to contain all the information you need to pass off the achievement.

Here is a quick tip that I have learned, if you are making lapbooks with your cub scouts, pre-cut all the pieces. I have had them cut their own pieces out and assemble the book, which works, but they complained more and some times we had to finish our books the following week.. So if you cut them all out beforehand, there will be less complaining and you will be more likely to finish the book in one den meeting.

I found clip art for the front of our folder on line . The reduce, recycle, reuse wheel I found from HERE. I think if I do this again I shrink it down just a bit. 

*Note: Depending on how your folder is folded you may have to rearrange the items on the front to make them fit. 

I made the label and know, commit, practice labels. 
I found the idea for the no dumping accordion book HERE and then made my own. the maze was also found on the same site, HERE is the link. I took it and re-sized it using Photoshop.

I found the chart for how land air and water get dirty and ways to save energy in this pack from HERE and used it for my boys, but I have since made my own using the same idea.

I made the what is recycling book and the achievement labels.
 On the right flap I did this list so they can discuss and write what things they can recycle.

We had the boys make these one week and we discussed several things and the following week we went on a field trip to the Transjordan Land Fill HERE is a link to the information on the tour. We had the boys bring their folders and fill in anything that didn't get filled in the week before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...